On 26.06.1908 Prof. Dr. Ernst Laves (head of the pharmacy of the Nordstadt Hospital, later professor at the Technical University of Hanover) founds the company and starts the factory production of Lecin. The first company headquarters are in Hanover, opposite the hospital.
Laves on the upswing
The company already has 20 employees. The mineral milk protein preparations are in great demand during World War 1 due to deficiency symptoms.
Change of location
The new production site is completed. Production will start at Hildesheimer Str. 111 A, Hanover.
Dr. Wolfgang Laves
Prof. Dr. Ernst Laves dies in a traffic accident on 01.10.1927. His son Dr. Wolfgang Laves takes over the company at the age of 26. He launches the bacterial preparations Coli-Antigen (later Colibiogen®) and Colivit.
Destruction in the 2nd World War
The war interrupts the upswing. The factories in Hildesheimer Strasse and Köblinger Strasse are destroyed by bombs and fire. An alternative factory is built in Neustadt a. Rgb.
The company is growing despite the setback: the workforce comprises 250 employees.
Move to Neustadt am Rübenberge
The factory in Neustadt a. Rgb. is completed. The upward development of the company is strongly influenced by war and looting damage, currency reform and high tax burdens.
Another setback in the post-war period
As a result of the political division of Germany, the subsidiary in Dresden has to be abandoned. The factory in the West works at full speed, but nevertheless it is neither possible to fulfil the entire manufacturing programme nor even come close to satisfying demand.
The "Lecin" factory moves back to Hanover: new buildings are constructed on the site of the bombed-out factory.
Pharmacist Hans-Georg Laves
Pharmacist Hans-Georg Laves acquires the Laves company. The difficult generation replacement entailed a consistent policy of healthy downsizing.
Turnover was increased from DM 535,000 to DM 1,250,000 in the last four years. In 1974, the establishment of a sales force and export business to the Far East increased the company's turnover and success.
Relocation to Empelde / Ronnenberg
The headquarters were relocated to Empelde just outside Hanover to meet the requirements of modern pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Immobilienverwaltung Laves GbR is founded and henceforth takes on the management of the buildings in Hildesheimer Straße and other houses.
Production site in Switzerland
In the course of the developments of the European Single Market and the advancing globalisation, especially in the pharmaceutical industry and the very highest hygienic standards (GMP), a new production site is opened in the canton of Lucerne in Switzerland.
New use for the old site
Students and rental flats are being built in the former factory and office building complex in Hildesheimer Straße.
Under new leadership
Hans-Georg Laves passes away after a long illness. His three sons take over the management in the fourth family generation.
Development of new business areas
The Laves Group buys SL Akupunktur GmbH and incorporates it into the Empelde building complex.
Change in management
Ralph Laves leaves the company to pursue his vocation as a pharmacist. He opens his own pharmacy in Munich.
Dürasol becomes part of the Laves family
The Laves Group takes over the Dürasol company from Karlsruhe from the family. In future, the high-quality doctors' bags will be handmade in Empelde.
New coat of paint
The Empelde site is expanded with the addition of a new high-bay warehouse and receives a new coat of paint. Frank Laves leaves the company and sets up his own hotel in Switzerland.
New production plant
Project XJ15 is completed: The production plant in Schötz is upgraded to the latest pharmaceutical technology. In future, production will take place in 2,000-litre fermenters.